Exciting Internship in Public Health with Global Health Advisors
Who are we?
Global Health Advisors is a small, dynamic organization with a vision to improve global health around the world by strengthening what we believe are core pillars of successful interventions: strong evidence, ongoing training and motivated teams.
We support Norwegian and international organizations and NGOs with technical advice in global health; research, monitoring and evaluation; and training development.
We work in several thematic areas, including Epidemiology and Surveillance, Infectious Diseases (HIV, TB, malaria, cholera, vaccine-preventable diseases), Maternal and Child health, Sexual and Reproductive health, health equity and barriers in access to care, Psychosocial support and Mental Health.
Want to join the team?
This internship position is most suitable for someone finishing a master’s in public health or similar diploma. However, if you have most of the items below, it doesn’t matter to us what your degree is, as long as you are willing to learn!
What we offer
- 3 months internship (Sep/Oct -Dec 2019) with possibility of extension
- You’ll be responsible for the development of one specific project for our 2020 reach-out activities – We’ll support you all the way.
- You’ll work also on content development for blogs, articles and videos with global health information for general and specialized audiences.
- You’ll help organize speaking events in Global Health themes
- You’ll support with other activities, as needed
- We work in a variety of different subjects, so you’ll get exposure to several current issues in Global Health.
- If you’re interested, you’ll also learn some social entrepreneurship/business skills.
- Part time and flexibility in working hours
What we are looking for in an intern:
- Proactive and creative – You come up with ideas and improvements on
tasks/projects. You don’t wait to be told what to do, you are able to
find your way if you have clarity on the end goal.
- Comfortable working independently and receiving feedback on your work on a regular basis.
- Passionate about global health and poverty issues and how to solve them
- Curious and eager to learn
- Organized and efficient with your work, good time-management
- Flexible and willing to support with an array of different tasks and projects
Skills that you need to bring along – We’ll help you develop them further!
- Ability to efficiently research peer-reviewed and gray literature online
- Capacity to read and summarize high volumes of information
- Good analytical skills
- Comfortable/knowledgeable in quantitative and qualitative research skills is a plus
Writing and communication skills:
- Excellent writing skills in English. Norwegian or Spanish are a plus.
- Some knowledge of social media content creation – short posts, videos, etc
- Comfortable reaching out to people and organizations
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV (2 pages max)
- A cover letter where you tell us why you want to do your internship with us, and some interesting things about you that don’t fit in your CV. Let us know why we are a good match.
Send us an email: email@example.com